Turku has an international airport and it is easy to reach by air via Helsinki, Stockholm, Riga and Gdansk. From Turku airport, there is a regular bus to city centre (distance approx. 8 km), bus line nro 1 which runs about every 20 minutes. Tickets à 3 eur can be bought from the driver (cash, preferably coins).
A taxi ride to the center of Turku will cost around 20 euros. All taxis accept credit/debit cards.
Taxi in Turku
You can reserve a taxi at +358 2 10041. There are several taxi stands in the City centre.
If you fly to Helsinki, from Helsinki-Vantaa airport there is a bus to Turku operated by Expressbus (travel time 2-2.5 hours, departures about every hour). Another option is to take the new Ring Rail Line from the airport to Helsinki, to Pasila station, and change in Pasila to a train to Turku. At daytime, the Ring Rail Line trains between the airport and Helsinki run at ten-minute intervals at peak hours and the trip takes 22 minutes. Trains to Turku depart about every hour (between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m.). The trip to Turku from the Helsinki-Pasila station takes about 2 hours.
From Stockholm you may choose to travel to Turku on a ferry through one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the world. Daily connections between Stockholm and Turku are operated by Tallink Silja and Viking Line. The ferry takes about 10 hrs. For more information about Turku and travel connections, please visit the Visit Turku website.
Further travel information
Please, see Visit Turku webpage for further travel and tourist information: https://www.visitturku.fi/en
Other transport links
- Finnair Airline information and timetables
- SAS Airline information and timetables
- Air Baltic Airline information and timetables
- Wizz Air Airline information and timetables
- Viking Line Ferryboat connections from Stockholm
- Tallink Silja Ferryboat connections from Stockholm
- The Finnish Rail Timetables, train connections
- Expressbus Finnish long-distance buses
- Onnibus Finnish long-distance buses